Monday, December 6, 2010

December!

With the arrival of December, everything in school's calmed down (actually finished projects and tests December 1st) and the breaks are arriving. Decorations are slowly appearing on the trees and everybody's getting in a festive mood (I even started an advent calendar).
I'm in the middle of a 5 day weekend right now and in a couple of weeks Christmas break begins. Yesterday I went to watch a "ciclo-cross" competition where some of the world's champions competed. I also got to see a friend of mine from AFS who actually lives in a small town right next to where the competition was. Later that day, my host father and sister and I went to see the local proffesional soccer team Real Sociedad from San Sebastián play against Athletic de Bilbao which they call the "derbi" here because of the rivalry between the two teams. Real Sociedad won 2-0, one goal was a penalty and the other an own goal, so all in all we left the stadium happy.
Today, we went to an old amusement park for kids on top of one of the hills of San Sebastián where we got a really nice view of the whole city, the ocean and everything. We went on some of the rides, played some of the games and overall just had a good time. Then, we walked across the city so that I could get to know the streets a little more and my host sister went to meet up with her friends while my host parents and I went to the movie theatre to watch "Biutiful" directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu and starring Javier Bardem which was placed in Barcelona. It turned out to be a really good movie, I'm not sure if it'd be in theatres in America but for anyone that encounters it I seriously reccommend watching it.
Overall I've been have a pretty good time with my family and just been relaxing lately which has been nice. I've been given a lot of time to think and just to mull over all the things going on in my head lately which has been nice as well. I've been laughing lightly a lot lately (just about little things) and overall just been having a good time.