Sunday, November 7, 2010

Winter's Arriving

The rain's starting to come down hard and often here, but I suppose all the nature here doesn't come from nothing. Every now and then a nice, sunny day comes along to brighten our spirits.
I've been busier than usual the past couple weekends and weeks so I haven't had a chance to upload any pictures or write anything, but I managed to find a little time. Everything's been going well, as usual. Of course, I've gotten a lot better at speaking, but I still have trouble with the grammar, but little by little that too is becoming more natural to me.
The weeks have been going by pretty quickly lately, but I'm not too worried. I can say pretty comfortably that I've settled in to the daily routines here and I'm starting to get used to the whole lifestyle. I think I've adjusted pretty comfortably. I've begun to understand a little bit of Basque every now and then so I'm pretty content with that too.
Yesterday I had a pretty long conversation with my host dad about music, soccer, growing up and other things, and today I had a really nice conversation with a friend of mine. It's become easier to express some of my deeper thoughts and ideas which makes me really happy, as in the beginning I was really only able to answer questions and talk about basic things.
I have a lot of homework to do and not that much left to say, which is also one of the reasons I haven't written in a while. I'll try to make more of an effort to keep the blog updated, however. Adios por ahora.